What would you give for a peaceful night’s sleep?
All new parents realize that sleep will be lacking in those first few months after the baby’s born. The expectation is that you will need to get up and feed your baby several times a night. But what happens when baby is waking every hour throughout the night, has their days and nights mixed up, is super cranky, is taking horribly short naps all day long, or is sleeping on or next to you most of the night? How do you survive for months with so little sleep?
Sleep deprivation increases a mother’s chances of developing postpartum depression (PPD). When you’re dealing with healing from the birth, possibly trying to breastfeed your newborn, trying to manage fluctuating hormones, maybe other children and work, caring all day and night for a newborn, AND sleep deprivation, it can really get you down. More than 75% of the parents I work with have at least one parent who is suffering from either PPD or postpartum anxiety when we first start. I’m happy to report that many are feeling much better after their child is sleeping better and so are they!
Sounds great, right? BUT, you’re thinking how you can’t possibly sleep train a newborn! And you’re right in that thinking! I would never ask you to sleep train a baby under 5 months old, however, that doesn’t mean that you don’t have any options beforehand. At this age, I help parents work on basic sleep foundations, daytime schedules, bedtime/nap routines, and more. We use gentle techniques to simply transition baby from needing your help all the time to being able to put themselves to sleep at least most of the time. I call this “sleep teaching”, and it works great!
I’ve helped many parents go from feeling completely overwhelmed to feeling like they’ve “got this”! Sleep teaching is a great way to gently teach your baby as you go so you don’t have to reteach them later on (ie sleep training). I wish that more parents understood what this is and how much they could be helped now, instead of feeling like they need to wait until 5 or 6 months. There is so much growing and learning your baby needs to do in the first few months that it’s imperative that they get the sleep they need, too. In fact 65% of your baby’s growth is done when they are sleeping. And most of that growing happens during REM sleep, which is when your child has good, long, restorative sleep. So if teaching your baby good sleep habits now so you can all sleep better is something you’re interested in, then I can certainly help you!
Below you will see all that’s included in a standard package, as well as additional add-on options if you’re interested. If you would like for me to help you through this rough patch so you and your child can sleep well again (or for the first time ever), click HERE so we can set up a time to chat for a free 15min phone assessment!
**Additional Add-On Options:
- Deluxe Package ($50): If you live within 20 miles of Macungie, PA 18062, I can come to your home for the 1.5-2 hour consultation, and I will do a nursery/bedroom assessment while I’m there. Your child will also receive an age-appropriate bedtime storybook! Note: In-home consultations will need to take place weekdays between 10-4pm. Saturday appointments available for an additional $25 ($75 total).
- Late Night Email/Text Service ($30): If you would like my support after 6pm to help with bedtime and the early part of the night, then this add-on is for you! I will be available to you not only during the day but also in the evenings up until 10pm EST throughout the entire 3 week program.
- Bedtime Support ($150): You get the full benefits of the Newborns Sleep Package, with the consult taking place in your home, AND I will stay for up to 2hrs after the consultation to support you through getting your baby to sleep for the first time using the new skills we will have just talked about (this would need to be an evening appointment)! As an added bonus, I will add in the Late Night Email/Text Support option for FREE (a $30 value)!
- Infant Massage Package ($75): If you’re purchasing a Deluxe (in home) package, you have the option of adding on this wonderful package! As a Certified Educator of Infant Massage, I will spend one hour teaching you how to massage your baby. We will cover how to understand when is a good time to massage your baby (ie behavioral cues), asking for your child’s permission, oils to use, how to do the strokes for their entire body, learn specific strokes for colicky/fussy/gassy babies, how to continue the massage as the child grows, and more! I provide a folder of handouts for each area of the body and other helpful topics so you can continue to practice at home every day. There are many benefits of infant massage, including relaxation and better sleep, digestion, and bonding with your child. You can check out all the benefits on my Infant Massage Sessions page. This is a great deal, as private in-home sessions not purchased with a sleep plan are normally $150.
- VIP Platinum Membership Upgrade ($80): With this upgrade, you will not only get all of the information mentioned above that comes with the VIP Gold membership (Documents and Audio Files libraries, as well as my book All Things Sleep: Kids!) , but you will also get 24/7 access to a private forum, the option to call and talk to me live once per month, and the ability to tune in to my live quarterly, educational webinar series. You can ask questions as often as you need to in the forum, and I will answer within 24hrs. If you have an issue you’d like to chat about, then you can call in monthly and we can talk through your issues right there. And with the webinars, I offer you valuable information on a variety of parenting topics, from child sleep to adult sleep, infant massage, parenting issues, breastfeeding, and more! You will also have access to watch past webinars too! Normally, this upgrade costs $9.99/mo, so paying just $80 for the year is quite the savings (more than 30% off)! This offer is only good when purchased together with this package and is good for 1 year from the time you purchase.