POSTPARTUM PACKAGE (birth through 7 weeks)
What if you could teach your baby how to sleep, get breastfeeding help, learn techniques for yourself about how to deal with stress and anxiety, and be taught infant massage all at once?
Sounds too good to be true, right? Think again! Because of all of the wonderful education I’ve had over the years, I’m able to bring you this too-good-to-be-true package! I know first-hand what it feels like to bring home a new baby or two. It was always one of the toughest times in my life. I consider myself to be someone who usually has everything under control, but post-birth is just tough.
There are raging hormones, painful healing that’s happening either from a vaginal or c-section delivery, painful breasts as your milk comes in, then more pain if you are going to try and breastfeed, sleep deprivation, and possibly other kids you’re coming home to. Then you’ve got well-meaning family and friends who want to see your new bundle of joy, too! And all you really want is a hot shower, yummy food, and a good long sleep. But unless you’ve got some really amazing family around you, that doesn’t usually happen too often. It’s enough to make any new mom feel sad, lonely, overwhelmed, anxious, and maybe even depressed. I will give you tools to use to help you feel less of those nasty feelings and have more happy times that you can spend getting to know your new baby!
Sleep deprivation increases a mother’s chances of developing postpartum depression (PPD). In fact, more than 75% of the parents I work with have at least one parent who is suffering from either PPD or postpartum anxiety when we first start working together. I’m happy to report that many are feeling much better after their child is on a good schedule and is sleeping better (and they are, too)!
I’ve helped many parents go from feeling completely overwhelmed to feeling like they’ve “got this”! The sleep teaching method I’m going to talk to you about is a great way to gently teach your baby as you go so you don’t have to reteach them later on. There is so much growing and learning your baby needs to do in the first few months that it’s imperative that they get the sleep they need, too. In fact 65% of your baby’s growth is done while they are sleeping. And most of that growing happens during REM sleep, which is when your child has longer, restorative sleep. This method is not about cutting feeds or doing any sort of sleep training as you might be imagining it to be. No, this is all about creating a good sleep foundation and teaching good habits early on – without crying.
Because I’m a Certified Lactation Counselor, I can also help you with any breastfeeding questions or concerns you may have. It’s one thing to take a breastfeeding class before your baby is born, but it’s very different once baby is here! You might have a couple of questions now that you’ve gotten things started with nursing. Maybe it’s a latch or positioning question, you’re unsure about milk storage, you need help using your pump, you’ve got too much or too little milk supply, or maybe you just want someone to confirm that you’re doing things correctly. These things may not have warranted a visit to the doctor or outside lactation consultant, but we can go through them once I’m there with you. And if you’re breastfeeding like a pro or not breastfeeding at all, no worries! You can still get this package. We’ll just cover more under the sleep, massage, and self-care categories.
Finally, we’ll also go through how to massage your baby. This is such an awesome gift to be able to give to your child! There are many benefits of infant massage, including…
- Helps with infant and parent bonding / attachment
- Relaxation for baby
- Helps baby to feel loved and nurtured
- Helps parents learn about their baby’s needs and desires
- Promotes better sleep
- Facilitates body awareness
- Sensory stimulation
- Boosts immune system
- Improves skin condition
- Relief for gas and colic symptoms
- Helps digestion
- Improves blood circulation
- Balances respiration
- Helps with waste elimination
- Relief for teething pains
- Helps to build parents’ and baby’s self-esteem
- Relaxes parents
- Pleasurable experience
- Stimulates production of Oxytocin (hormone produced during massage that be useful as a pain reliever, has a calming effect, reduce stress, and enhances the bonding process)
Below you will see all that’s included in this standard package. While this is meant to be an in-home visit, we can do it virtually for those not in a 20 mile radius of Macungie, PA. Virtual sessions can be broken down into 2 or 3 sessions if need be for no extra charge. In-home visits are typically scheduled during daytime hours on weekdays. Limited weekend appointments are also available for an additional $50.
If you’ve got questions, let’s set up a time to chat for a free 15min phone assessment! Just click HERE to do so. If you’re ready to sign up today, awesome! Just click HERE to shoot me a message about getting started. I promise you that this is one investment you’ll be glad you made!
*Note: You can get any of these services individually, as well. Feel free to contact me if you don’t see what you need. Custom packages and services are always available!
Standard Postpartum Package ($399) Includes:
- Newborn sleep consultation (60mins): We will discuss the importance of sleep, having realistic sleep expectations, what sleep props are and how to avoid them, the importance of a good bedtime routine and daytime schedule and what one looks like, what the bedroom environment should look and feel like, steps you should be taking now to develop independent sleep skills, and much more! I will provide you with a detailed, easy-to-follow, and easy-to-read newborn sleep plan/guide. While the first month or so should primarily be focused on feeding and bonding with your baby, there are things that you can do early on with your baby to ensure they are sleeping longer stretches (and eventually through the night) as quickly as possible. All we discuss during our consultation will be included in this plan.
- Infant massage session (60mins): We will cover how to understand when it’s a good time to massage your baby (ie behavioral cues), asking for your child’s permission, oils to use, how to do the strokes for their entire body, learn specific strokes for colicky/fussy/gassy babies, how to continue the massage as the child grows, and more! I provide a folder of handouts for each area of the body so you can continue to practice every day, as well as the oil to use.
- Breastfeeding consultation (40mins): I will answer any breastfeeding questions you have, monitor a feeding session to ensure the latch and positioning are good, show you what to look for to ensure baby is actually drinking, answer questions about pumping, supply, milk storage, etc.
- Self-Care techniques (10mins) – I will spend time talking to you about things you can do to help keep your stress and anxiety low and manageable. These tools can be the difference between a parent who feels like they’re at their breaking point and one who feels less overwhelmed and frustrated. You will also receive a 4 page e-booklet to reference later.
- Nursery assessment (10mins) – While I’m there, I will take a peak at your baby’s nursery or sleeping area and give you helpful feedback so that your baby can sleep the best possible!
- Follow Up Email – I will follow up with you one week later to see how things are going and to answer any questions you might have since the consult.
- VIP Gold Membership: You will be given a lifetime VIP Gold membership (a $49.99 value)! This includes the “All Things Sleep: Kids!” e-book (see Table of Contents), over 20 audio clips, and over 15 document files to help you further understand sleep and learn how to be successful both now and in the future. While we will discuss some of these topics during our time together, it’s helpful to be able to have access to these things after we’re done and at any time of day or night. Audio and document files include sleep/feeding logs, behavioral states for newborns, how to handle late bedtimes (which happens often with newborns), when to start “sleep teaching”, nap transitioning, early morning wake ups, night weaning, and much, much more! Click HERE for a complete list of topics included!
- Private Facebook group: You will be given lifetime access to a private Facebook group that is just for Sleeptastic graduates! In this group, you can ask questions, answer other people’s questions, or just hang out with us. It’s a nice way to stay connected, get quick questions answered later on when new things come up, and be with like-minded parents who have been where you are or experiencing similar issues. This is truly a valuable resource!
*Note: Activity times can be adjusted, as long as the total time spent is no more than 3 hours. For example, if you need more breastfeeding help, we could spend less time in another area so you could receive more lactation assistance. Or you can also choose to include the Breastfeeding package add-on below.
**Additional Add-On Options:
- Weekend Day Needed ($50): Having me come to your home on a weekend day will cost you an additional $50 more, as these are not my normal hours. We can discuss if a Saturday or Sunday will work best for you.
- Breastfeeding Package ($50): If you feel like you need more of a regular breastfeeding course, or never took a class before having baby and would like one now, you can add this 60min package! We will talk about the importance of “skin-to-skin” contact, the 9 instinctive stages that all newborns go through, how to latch, how to hand express, pump, thaw, warm, and store breast milk, and more! You will also receive a 20 page breastfeeding guide, a separate sheet about how to hand express breast milk, as well as a breastfeeding/sleep log so you can track your little ones input, output, and sleeping! (*This can be done via phone/video consult or as part of the in-home package)
- VIP Platinum Membership Upgrade ($75): With this upgrade, you will not only get all of the information mentioned above that comes with the VIP Gold membership (Documents and Audio Files libraries, as well as my book All Things Sleep: Kids!) , but you will also get 24/7 access to a private Facebook group and the option to call and talk to me live once per month. You can ask questions as often as you need to in the group, and I will answer within 24hrs. If you have an issue you’d like to chat about, then you can call in monthly and we can talk through your issues right there. Normally, this upgrade costs $9.99/mo, so paying just $75 for the year is quite the savings (more than 30% off)! This offer is only good when purchased together with this package and is good for 1 year from the time you purchase.
Testimonials from new parents:
Amanda & Chris, Pennsylvania
We are so glad that we decided to have Ronee come to our home! I was debating between having her come as a postpartum doula or just do this one-time package. Since we had family coming to help, we decided to go with this package and we’re glad we did! We learned how to do infant massage on our little boy, which my husband really enjoyed. Ronee helped me to latch him better and gave me quite a few good tips to make the experience better for the both of us. And we learned a ton about sleep – something we really weren’t thinking about much before this session! If you’re a new parent, I highly recommend hiring Ronee!
This is such a fun time! My husband decided to suprise me by hiring Ronee to come out and see us for an afternoon. I wasn’t sure what to expect, but I really enjoyed learning everything! Ronee was a wealth of knowledge, helping us with sleep, breastfeeding, infant massage, helping me learn how to relax, giving us tips about babyproofing, and helping me come up with some good snack ideas while nursing! I definitely recommend this package for any new parents!
Jillian & Dustin, Virginia
This package was packed full of goodies! While I would have loved to have Ronee come to our house, it was just as good virtually too! We took her on a virtual tour of our baby’s nursery so she could give us her feedback about safe sleep. She was able to help me better latch my baby from hundreds of miles a way! We learned a ton about sleep too, which we’re anxious to start to slowly work on. I certainly recommend working with Ronee!